We Quit Our Guilds For [THIS]
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Quit Our Guilds For [THIS]

Guild Wars guild forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1 v 1 Monthly Tournament

Go down 
+2
Zodiac
Orchid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Orchid

Orchid

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-10

1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Empty
PostSubject: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:16 am

Hi everybody! Smile
I was thinking of putting together a 1 v 1 tournament for those who are interested. Everybody can compete, but for a little motivation we are going to have a competition fee of about 500 g. So here's the info :

How do I compete?

You sign up in the Sign up thread with your:
  • In Game Name
  • Guild Name
  • If you can pay the fee (Yes/No)

Example :
Adine Orchid
We quit our guild for [THIS]
Yes

Why do we have a competition fee?

1. Of course we want the winner to get something but the glory of being the Monthly Champion
  2. The first runner up will get a bit of the cake too.
  3. There is going to be some prizes for all who compete - examples sugar, alcohol, other party items?

How will the tournament be organized?

It's pretty simple actually. As most of other tournaments and cups in the world the table looks like this :
1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Frklaringic0

And of course - if there is more then 8 people who want to compete we will make a bigger table! We can have 8 - 12 - 16 - 20 etc! That only depends on how many players we have.

I will randomize the IGN (so nobody is favored) and put them in to the first little squares, and as the tournament follows I will fill in the winners in each round. When the winner is announced - maybe we can have a little alliance party in one of the guild halls to rap the thing up.

When?

As I said before, once every month and the last weekend that month. So this month I was planning on occupating the 31:st of May (Saturday). The event will start at 5 GMT, but I advise that the competitors will be there no later than 4.30 so you can view the chart and who you are going up against in the first battle, and pay the fee.

RULES

And at last, the rules.

1. You can compete with both PvE and PvP characters - your choice. You don't have to tell anyone what you are going as (I recommend that for your own sake), but once you've come to the Guild Hall on the event night, there is no changing of proffesions or you'll be disqualified.
  2. Builds can be changed during the time of the tournament, while waiting for the next battle etc.
  3. No hard feelings, this is a friendly tournament, so NO noob calling.

I think that is about it, if you have ANY questions please ask them in this thread and not in the sign up thread!
Have a good day and I hope you are up for this! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Zodiac

Zodiac

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-01-30

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:35 am

Oh noes... I just signed up but noticed the time now... 5 GMT... That's like too early. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Priest
THIS leader
Priest

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Yeah think the thing needs to be later. like our usual 7.30/8pm slot
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Yeah, but also, it depends on how many ppl are gonna join. If we have like 16 people it can take a pretty long time. We can decide on time later, the no 1 thing we need now is players.
Back to top Go down
Vice Delos

Vice Delos

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 11:01 am

I'd love to come along but I cant yet say if I can but I'll sign up un time
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 12:16 am

There is no need to sign up right away acutally, but I would like to see the 26:th of May as the last sign up day.
Back to top Go down
Myskomunken

Myskomunken

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:32 am

GMT 5... When would that be in Swedish time zone?

Don't get that one...
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:39 am

Myskomunken wrote:
GMT 5... When would that be in Swedish time zone?

Don't get that one...

That would be 6:ish here
Back to top Go down
Myskomunken

Myskomunken

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 2:13 am

Hmm. Will propably work. Unless its any other day than saturday... :p
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:32 am

OFC you can, so sign up!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Myskomunken

Myskomunken

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:12 am

I have! I think...
Back to top Go down
Hikeotron

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 6:48 am

id be interested. im back home home (doing exams right now, ill be back around ish then)

Katryna Reioko
eH
Yes Smile
Back to top Go down
Orchid

Orchid

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 11:12 pm

Well we can't have a tournament with 4 people, so I guess it's cancelled, sorry guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 v 1 Monthly Tournament   1 v 1 Monthly Tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1 v 1 Monthly Tournament
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Quit Our Guilds For [THIS] :: Guild Wars :: PvP-
Jump to: